Emotional triggers

Posted by iKan2

Since I've been feeling so good this year, I learned unequivocally the direct correlation between the management (of the lack there) of my stress and emotions. This morning was a perfect example. After receiving some distressing news and requests, I let my imagination get the best of me and let my emotions spin out of control.

It culminated in a major discussion with my wife where she ripped open old scars, forcing me to shut down the conversation before it escalated any further, but the damage was done. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my system and my entire abdomen tightening up.

So this morning I work up with stomach cramps and gas, but before I even had the chance to drink my morning coffee, I started a purge. As expected, it required 8 or 10 trips to the bathroom; each becoming more difficult than the last.

By early afternoon I was regaining a little but of my humanity. It's weired, but once the purge begins, it's a small comfort to know that it's "only" temporary. In some ways, it;'s very Zen; without having to go through what I do, exploring the depths of my humanity, that I can truly claim that I'm reminded of the blessing each day is, and  that eventually peach, comfort, and tranquility await. Which is not to sat, that I wouldn't easily give away my "enlightenment" for a chance to by anything lik "notmal"/any if I didn't have to suffer any more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment