Mornings

Posted by iKan2

As my alarm clock went off this morning, I reached over to hit the snooze button when a gut wrenching pain seized me. It felt like I had woken up after doing like a thousand crunches the day before. Merely moving caused the pain to shoot outwards from my stomach.

So I laid back down, now fully awake and tried to rest. Eventually I felt the urge to go to the bathroom and shuffled into the toilet. I didn't know if this was the beginning of a purge or just a simple cramp. Thankfully after just the one bowel movement, the pain eased and I was able to rest comfortably and fall back asleep. Thanks to my understanding wife, she told me to stay in bed and she would get everyone up and out the door.

After about 3 hours of rest I awoke feeling, nearly human, but with a lingering echo of pain in my stomach.  I had to go to the bathroom a couple of times, and then I was able to sit down and have my morning 's cup of coffee. However, after three more trips to the bathroom, it seems like it's not going to be a good morning.

When I have a morning like this it's like moving through the rest of the day dragging an anchor. After clinching my way through each cramp and rushing to the bathroom 5 or 6 times, it's like draining your batteries before even starting the day's first task or walking out of the door.

Then again, I often have bad afternoons, and even bad nights, but I think the morning trials are the most frequent. After a bad morning, it is just so difficult to get moving. With every movement, I get a twinge in my gut, a small reminder of what I've been through. Tough mornings lead to fatigue, low levels of energy, a predisposition to depression, and a day where I just feel like doing nothing.  Although, in the end, I eventually just pull together all of my reserve energy and get moving. Then after I've started moving around, it becomes easier to just keep moving. That will usually get me through the day, or at least until I slow down, then my energy reserves fail and it once again becomes difficult to get moving again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment