Rigid schedule

Posted by iKan2

In my last visit with the doctor she encouraged me to take a medicine called Sucralfate. I confessed to her that I hadn't been taking it because it was too complicated. You see this medicine can only be taken one hour before you eat or two hours after. You also can't take it along with any other medication.

So I've been trying to watch my schedule more carefully to see if I can fit the medicine in more effectively. I'm supposed to be taking it four times a day so this is what my day might look like:

6:00 am Wakeup, take a pill
7:00 am Drink coffee
9:00 am Take another pill
10:00 am Eat late breakfast or early lunch
12:00 am Take another pill
1:00 pm Eat lunch
3:00 pm Take last pill
4:00 pm or later eat dinner
9:00 pm Take my daily meds

That's a pretty rigid schedule, especially for as forgetful as I am. I'm shooting for taking at least two dosages a day. So far, the two times I've taken it before my morning coffee, it seems like it has made my mornings better. Which is significant, because I can easily have 6 or 8 bowel movements before 10:00 am. We'll see how it goes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment